- Sign in as described in Accessing the Client Portal and navigate to Collect > Payments.
The Payments page appears.
- Hover over the row that contains the payment you want to refund and then click anywhere on the row.
The following panel appears:
For a description of the information displayed, see Listing Payments.
- Click Create Refund.
The Create Refund window appears.
- Define the following parameters:
- Refund - Select Full Refund or Partial Refund. If you select partial refund, indicate the amount to refund.
- Compensation - If you need to return more money than just the partial or full refunded amount, check the checkbox and enter the additional amount.
- Reason - Select one of the following values: Duplicate, Fraudulent, Requested by customer or Other. This field is required.
- Merchant Reference ID - Reference ID defined by the merchant.
- Metadata - User-defined fields and their values, as part of a JSON object in the API request. Insert the name of the field and its value as a string. To add more fields in the metadata, click Add.
- Receipt Number - Number of the receipt associated with the transaction, provided by the merchant.
- Click Complete Refund.
The following popup appears:
- Click Close.
- Note: The Payment ID will now appear in Collect > Refunds with a Refund ID. Refer to Listing Refunds for more details.
Updated 21 days ago
|Downloading a Refund Report|